Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 41 - big dreams, big steps!

Today I continued in week 2 of my couch to 5K training and attempt to begin a fitness regiment! I am back to running 3 minutes none stop which is the longest yet! Woohoo!! I am hoping to start 3 hours of activity/training each day to jump start my journey. I know this is lofty but a lot is at stake (my life ahead!) and I want to hit the ground running (literally!)

As far as eating habits today I wasn't as successful, I kept my carbs completely down but my sugars were high. While I did eat out at lunch I had only vegetables and a protein so that is successful especially with friends in tow!

My attitude is high today as I started my day on track and my family's support is irreplaceable. Although they are not living with me to keep me accountable every moment, I feel as if they are still attempting to keep me on track from a far which is a huge blessing!

Keys for today: honestly is key...yes it is difficult, be transparent and accountable to be successful! Be proactive!

Goals: learn to breath properly while running, eat much less sugars and more veggies

Today's inspiration: Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control. (Proverbs 25:28 NIV)

1 comment:

  1. You can do this! Who would have thought this time last year I would have been able to run a half marathon. Since then I have ran 2 of them! :) Just start slow & don't miss a day of 5K to Couch program. It is a great program! I went through Fleet Feet with my mile training and they sort of use the same program. To me it is much easier to train with a group of people than by myself. Great progress!! Please let me know if you want to go run/walk the dam! That is always a great place to go also! I will be praying for you! You can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete